Thursday, July 31, 2008

Red, Mick and Kasmira on Carmel Beach

Yo! Mick Here. The one smiling with their tongue hanging out.

Mum is so happy! She picked up Red's sister, Kasmira at the airport on Sunday. Kasmira lives with Red's and her dad in Georgia - 3 time zones away! We went to the Carmel Beach on Monday and played around some. Red and I were quite happy to see her too.

Kasmira is a cutie! She's also smart and as I soon discovered, more than a match for our brother, Red. Me, I like to do just a few things on the beach, most of them involve chasing down flying objects. Sleeping is also good.

Red however missed the sport of annoying his sister. She seemed to understand the gaming activity well herself. As she demonstrates in the photo below, she is quite good with self-defense.
She and Mum took a class a couple years back and she got a reputation for hitting well. She also has some good take-down moves she's perfected over the years

Kasmira and Red were quite tireless in their game of body-checking. What I don't understand is why Red kept going back for more! She was obviously the better player in this game! Kasmira's a die-hard hockey fan - she knows body-checking.

Watching these two in action is hilarious. Mum has been trying to get Red to watch the 3 Stooges because of the slapstick. I don't know why, Red's perfected that already. Red will usually instigate or provoke Kasmira (and it doesn't take much!) and she responds in a predictable manner and takes her brother out.


Red then acts as if he's mortally wounded. If you ask me, he's mellow-dramatic! He's so mellow he looks asleep! He also gets sand in places I sure wouldn't want sand!


I was almost envious of the time they spent bantering, but then I couldn't decide who I wanted to hang with. I miss Kasmira too. She was there when I first met my boy and even helped Mum decide to introduce Red and me. She's got a grace and style that I really admire. And did I mention she gives a good scratching to the ears?

While our brother is, well, lovingly annoying! He can get carried away, especially when he's rough-housing Sometimes he just doesn't know when to quit!

Kasmira has no problem holding her own and reminding Red of his place as her "little brother" Ha! He's growing - by this time next year Red won't be her little bro (aham, that'd be me anyway!), he'll be her younger brother.

No comments: